An amazing historic building repaired by R&S Glasgow - Glasgow Toll Cross park winter gardens.
This listed conservatory was originally built in 1870 in Ardrossan. In 1898 it was carefully dismantled and re-erected in its present site as it was gifted to the former Glasgow Corporation.
When Richardson & Starling surveyors inspected the property they found that the existing iron and timber superstructure was greatly affected by wet rot. Due to a very high level of humidity, a significant percentage of the structural timbers were affected and it had to be repaired in order to continue public service.
The existing plants were temporary re-housed to allow access to the working area. The structure was supported and decayed sections of timber were repaired using our Timber Resin Repair System. Due to the historic importance of this structure, Richardson & Starling took great care to retain existing timber and only remove rotten sections.
Interesting fact - none of the glass panels were damaged and 98% of the glass was kept in the structure allowing minimal disruption to the structure and this also save time. The works were completed over a period of 10 weeks.
Works completed and a 5 year renewable guarantee applied to repairs.