Penetrating Damp Dundee
Have you noticed damp patches on your walls? This alongside crumbling plaster and a damp musty smell can suggest that you have a penetrating damp problem. Repairing the property defects causing this damp issue is how we can help you resolve your damp problem. Contact our Dundee branch today for advice or to arrange a property survey.
- Free Property Survey
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Experienced & Qualified, Dundee Surveyors and Technicians
What Causes Penetrating Damp?
Penetrating damp can occur through walls, roofs, window or door surrounds. Traditionally, it happens when water is able to gain entry to your property from the outside. This type of damp can access any level of a building but it can affect any part of an external walls.
Main causes of penetrating damp:
- Building defects – overflowing gutters, badly fitted windows, damaged pointing etc
- Porous walls – older bricks lose their ability to stop rain penetrating them
- Damage to brickwork and pointing may allow rain access to your property
- Frost damage to masonry or just old age can allow penetration of moisture
- Black mould growth due to increased dampness and humidity levels
- Damaged exterior of property – e.g. damage to the roof
Many penetrating damp problems can appear at guttering height. If this is where you have identified your penetrating damp problem this would suggest that the problem is due to defective downpipes or gutters. Accurate diagnosis is only available through the use of experts. You cannot select the most efficient and effective solution without having an accurate diagnosis of the source of the problem.
How To Identify Penetrating Damp
Signs of Penetrating Damp:
- Penetrating damp will appear as damp patches on walls or ceilings
- Blotches on walls and defective decoration
- Wet and crumbling plaster
- Damp musty smells
- Visible mould growth to surfaces
- Drips and puddles forming
- Damp plasterwork/wall insulation
Our Penetrating Damp FAQ page will highlight penetrating damp signs for you to spot in greater detail. Once you have identified any of these issues it is crucial that you swiftly seek to rectify these problems before they worsen. By contacting our Dundee branch we can help you to resolve any damp issues. Choosing from a variety of damp prevention techniques at our disposal, we will introduce the best waterproofing system for your property.
Penetrating Damp Treatment & Repairs
Our Dundee branch can send experts to survey your home to get to the source of your damp problem immediately. Our experts will then provide you with the most cost and time efficient solution for your property.
What our specialist will do:
- Thoroughly inspect the property to correctly identify the damp problem you are suffering from
- Find the source of your damp problem (where the water is gaining access)
- Evaluate before informing you of the most efficient and cost-effective steps to take to solve the damp problem
- Give you an easily read survey report for you to understand your damp problem
- Provide the best treatment solution for you
Initially, we will detail the repair required to the damage which allowed the damp problem in the beginning before then applying a physical damp proof membrane or water repellent to protect your property.
Without the relevant experience, it is unrealistic for someone to be capable of accurately diagnosing what type of damp problem it is they are suffering from. Seeking assistance from experts must be the first step taken after suspecting you have a damp issue. No home is safe from penetrating damp regardless of how long ago it was built. It is very easy for self-treatments to be unsuccessful as misdiagnosing the type of damp affecting your property can be very easily done.
Your property survey can be free of charge. Click the ‘i’ icon to learn more.
5 Year Penetrating Damp Guarantee
Fully certified and highly experienced surveyors near you
* No charge if you Own the surveyed property located within 25 miles from our Dundee branch. An administration fee may apply if a written report is required (a charge may apply if the property is rented out or is situated further than 25 miles). Speak with our Dundee team who will be happy to help deal with your property problem.
Our qualified rot surveyor will closely investigate the affected area and measure the scale of the problem. At Richardson and Starling, we only supply experienced surveyors who are highly trained in all types of rot and damp problems that could affect your property. This means that our surveyor will be able to complete the survey and give the appropriate remedial recommendations no matter what problem is identified.
5 Year Guarantee for Penetrating Damp Repairs
Free automatic transfer to the new property owner if sold.
After eight decades of successful property surveys and repairs, we’re confident to offer you a 5 Year Guarantee that transfers with the Property.
Richardson & Starling are long-standing members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and the Guarantee Protection Insurance scheme (GPI). This demonstrates our ability to meet technical and financial requirements to offer an insurance back-up to our own long term guarantees if you would like this.
Book a Property Survey
Fill the form below and our Dundee team will be in touch with you shortly.