Penetrating Damp Aberdeen
Have you noticed a damp musty smell in your property? This accompanied by damp patches and crumbling plaster on your walls may suggest that you are suffering from a penetrating damp problem. We can help you swiftly rectify this issue by resolving the structural defects within your property. Speak with our Aberdeen specialists today for advice regarding how to resolve your damp issue or to arrange a property survey.
- Free Property Survey
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Experienced & Qualified, Aberdeen Surveyors & Technicians
What Causes Penetrating Damp?
Penetrating damp happens within roofs, windows, door surrounds and walls. Water gains access to your property due to issues within the structure of the property. Penetrating damp can occur on any tier of a building and it usually appears relatively high on walls.
Penetrating damp main causes:
- Problems with building – damaged pointing, poorly fitted windows, overflowing gutters, etc
- Porous walls – as bricks age, they lose the ability to stop rain from penetrating them
- Brickwork being damaged can provide access for rainwater
- Masonry can become damaged from frost damage
- The exterior of the property being weakened – e.g. damage to the roof
Penetrating damp problems are usually most obvious at guttering height. This alludes to the source of the damp issue being within the downpipes and gutters of your property. Reaching out for expertise is the only way that you can guarantee your damp problem is accurately diagnosed. Contact our Aberdeen specialists today so we can accurately diagnose the damp issue your property is facing and tackle it head-on.
How To Identify Penetrating Damp
Penetrating Damp Signs:
- Damp patches appearing on walls or ceilings
- Wet and crumbling plaster
- Blotches on walls
- Visible spores growing on the wall or ceiling surfaces
- Damp musty smells
- Signs of drips and puddles
- Damp plasterwork/wall insulation
Being a property owner, it is crucial that you familiarise yourself with the signs of penetrating damp. Our Penetrating Damp FAQ page will significantly increase your knowledge regarding the easier signs to spot of penetrating damp. As soon as you become suspicious that you have a penetrating damp issue, contacting our Aberdeen branch we can ensure you resolve these damp issues rapidly.
Penetrating Damp Treatment & Repairs
Our Aberdeen branch will seek to get to the source of your damp problem as swiftly as possible. Our specialists will then provide the quickest and most speed efficient solution for your property.
How do our damp specialists carry out works:
- Evaluate the property in detail to correctly identify the type of damp you are suffering from.
- Identify the source of your damp issues (Point of access for the water)
- Provide you with an easily understandable survey report for you to fully comprehend the extent of the damp problem.
- Provide you with the best treatment solution
We will initially repair the damage which caused the damp in the first place. Our property specialists will then apply a physical membrane or chemical water repellent.
Misdiagnosis of the type of damp your property is suffering from can seriously impact the time taken to resolve your damp problem. The incorrect self-treatment being given to the issue can prolong and worsen the effects of the damp. This highlights the importance of contacting experts at the beginning of the process to ensure that no time is wasted and the damage to your property doesn’t develop.
Your property survey can be free of charge. Click the ‘i’ icon to learn more
5 Year Penetrating Damp Guarantee
Fully certified and highly experienced surveyors near you
* No Charge if you Own the surveyed property located within 25 miles from our Aberdeen branch. An administration fee may apply if a written report is required (a charge may apply if the property is rented out or is situated further than 25 miles). Speak with our Aberdeen team who will be happy to help deal with your property problem.
Our qualified rot surveyor will closely investigate the affected area and measure the scale of the problem. At Richardson and Starling, we only supply experienced surveyors who are highly trained in all types of rot and damp problems that could affect your property. This means that our surveyor will be able to complete the survey and give the appropriate remedial recommendations no matter what problem is identified.
5 Year Guarantee for Penetrating Damp Repairs
Free automatic transfer to the new property owner if sold.
After eight decades of successful property surveys and repairs, we’re confident to offer you a 5 Year Guarantee that transfers with the Property.
Richardson & Starling are long-standing members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and the Guarantee Protection Insurance scheme (GPI). This demonstrates our ability to meet technical and financial requirements to offer an insurance back-up to our own long term guarantees if you would like this.
Book a Property Survey
Fill the form below and our Aberdeen team will be in touch with you shortly.