Penetrating Damp Glasgow
Damp patches, a damp musty smell and crumbling plaster on your walls can indicate that you have a penetrating damp problem. It is extremely important that you seek to rectify these issues as swiftly as possible in order to prevent the problems from becoming even more costly for your property. Reach out to our Glasgow branch today and tap into our specialist knowledge or even arrange a property survey.
- Free Property Survey
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Experienced & Qualified, Glasgow Surveyors & Technicians
What Causes Penetrating Damp?
Penetrating damp is normally caused by water gaining access to a property through structural issues within the property. This damp tends to occur in walls, roofs, door surrounds or windows. Penetrating damp can happen on any floor of a building and it tends to present itself on the upper regions of walls.
- Building issues – overflowing gutters, incorrectly fitted windows, damaged pointing, etc
- Porous walls – bricks lose their ability to stop rain penetrating them over time
- Damages to brickwork can give rain access to your property
- Frost damage to masonry
- Damage to the exterior of property – e.g. damage to the roof
Penetrating damp tends to become noticeable around guttering height. This indicates that the source of the problem is located in the downpipes or the gutters. However, there is only one way that you can be certain that you have accurately identified the source of the damp problem, by contacting our Glasgow specialists. Our experts can then provide you with the most efficient solution for your penetrating damp issue.
How To Identify Penetrating Damp
Penetrating Damp Signs:
- Walls or ceilings having damp patches
- Blotches appearing on walls
- Puddles and drips
- Damp wall insulation/plasterwork
- Damp musty smells
- Crumbling and wet plaster
- Visible spores
As a property owner, it is very important you know what the obvious signs of penetrating damp are. Our Penetrating Damp FAQ page will provide you with a platform to enhance your knowledge of the signs and symptoms of penetrating damp. Our Glasgow branch will immediately respond to your call and guide you through the entire process to ensure your damp issues are resolved. Richardson and Starling’s penetrating damp experts have several damp prevention tools to choose from to ensure your damp worries are a thing of the past.
Penetrating Damp Treatment & Repairs
We will send our specialists from our Glasgow branch out to your home as swiftly as possible to find the source of your damp problem. The most cost and speed efficient solution will then be provided.
What our specialist does:
- Thoroughly inspects the property to accurately identify the type of damp issue your property is suffering from
- Identifies the source of the issue (Point of access for the water)
- Fully evaluates the situation before providing you with the necessary steps you need to take to rectify the problem.
- Provides you with a detailed survey report allowing you to fully comprehend the extent of your problem.
- Provides the best treatment solution
We will initially repair the damage which caused the damp in the first place. Our specialists will then apply a physical membrane or chemical water repellent.
Identifying the type of damp you are suffering from can be quite difficult. This is why utilising specialists is so important to make sure that you do not incorrectly diagnose the type of damp affecting your property. This can greatly impact the effectiveness of the solution provided to sort the problem.
Our surveys are free if you own and live in the surveyed property
5 Year Penetrating Damp Guarantee
Fully certified and highly experienced surveyors near you
* No Charge if you Own and Live in the surveyed property located within 25 miles distance from our Glasgow branch (alternatively a charge may apply). Speak with our Glasgow team who will be happy to help deal with your property problem.
Our qualified rot surveyor will closely investigate the affected area and measure the scale of the problem. At Richardson and Starling, we only supply experienced surveyors who are highly trained in all types of rot and damp problems that could affect your property. This means that our surveyor will be able to complete the survey and give the appropriate remedial recommendations no matter what problem is identified.
5 Year Guarantee for Penetrating Damp Repairs
Free automatic transfer to the new property owner if sold.
After eight decades of successful property surveys and repairs, we’re confident to offer you a 5 Year Guarantee that transfers with the Property.
Richardson & Starling are long-standing members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and the Guarantee Protection Insurance scheme (GPI). This demonstrates our ability to meet technical and financial requirements to offer an insurance back-up to our own long term guarantees if you would like this.
Book a Property Survey
Fill the form below and our Glasgow team will be in touch with you shortly.