Penetrating Damp Inverness
Have you noticed damp patches on your walls? This alongside crumbling plaster and a damp musty smell can suggest that you have a penetrating damp problem. Repairing the structural defects causing this damp issue is how we can help you resolve your damp problem. Contact our Inverness branch today for advice or to arrange a property survey.
- Free Property Survey
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Experienced & Qualified, Inverness Surveyors and Technicians
What Causes Penetrating Damp?
Penetrating damp can occur through walls, roofs, window or door surrounds. Traditionally, it happens when water is able to gain entry to your property from the outside. This type of damp can access any level of a building but it tends to be most prevalent higher up on walls.
Main causes of penetrating damp:
- Building defects – overflowing gutters, badly fitted windows, damaged pointing etc
- Porous walls – older bricks lose their ability to stop rain penetrating them
- Damage to brickwork may allow rain access to your property
- Frost damage to masonry
- Black mould growth due to increased dampness and humidity levels
- Damaged exterior of property – e.g. damage to the roof
Many penetrating damp problems can appear at guttering height. If this is where you have identified your penetrating damp problem this would suggest that the problem is located in your downpipes or gutters. Accurate diagnosis is only available through the use of experts. You cannot select the most efficient solution without having an accurate diagnosis of the source of the problem.
How To Identify Penetrating Damp
Signs of Penetrating Damp:
- Penetrating damp will appear as damp patches on walls or ceilings
- Blotches on walls
- Wet and crumbling plaster
- Damp musty smells
- Visible spores
- Drips and puddles forming
- Damp plasterwork/wall insulation
Our Penetrating Damp FAQ page will show you the easier penetrating damp signs for you to spot in greater detail. Once you have identified any of these issues it is crucial that you swiftly seek to rectify these problems before they worsen. By contacting our Inverness branch we can help you to resolve any damp issues. Choosing from a variety of damp prevention techniques at our disposal, we will introduce the best waterproofing system for your property.
Penetrating Damp Treatment & Repairs
Our Inverness branch can send experts to survey your home to get to the source of your damp problem immediately. Our experts will then provide you with the most cost and speed efficient solution for your property.
What our specialist will do:
- Thoroughly inspect the property to correctly identify the damp problem you are suffering from
- Find the source of your damp problem (where the water is gaining access)
- Evaluate before informing you of the most efficient and cost-effective steps to take in order to solve the problem
- Give you an easily understandable survey report for you to understand your damp problem.
- Provide the best treatment solution for you
Initially, we will repair the damage which allowed the damp in the beginning before then applying a physical membrane or chemical water repellent.
Without the relevant experience, it is unrealistic for someone to be capable of accurately diagnosing what type of damp problem it is they are suffering from. Seeking assistance from experts must be the first step taken after suspecting you have a damp issue. No home is safe from penetrating damp regardless of how long ago it was built. It is very easy for self-treatments to be unsuccessful as misdiagnosing the type of damp affecting your property can be very easily done.
Your property survey can be free of charge. Click the ‘i’ icon to learn more.
5 Year Penetrating Damp Guarantee
Fully certified and highly experienced surveyors near you
* No charge if you Own the surveyed property located within 25 miles from our Inverness branch. An administration fee may apply if a written report is required (a charge may apply if the property is rented out or is situated further than 25 miles). Speak with our Inverness team who will be happy to help deal with your property problem.
Our qualified rot surveyor will closely investigate the affected area and measure the scale of the problem. At Richardson and Starling, we only supply experienced surveyors who are highly trained in all types of rot and damp problems that could affect your property. This means that our surveyor will be able to complete the survey and give the appropriate remedial recommendations no matter what problem is identified.
5 Year Guarantee for Penetrating Damp Repairs
Free automatic transfer to the new property owner if sold.
After eight decades of successful property surveys and repairs, we’re confident to offer you a 5 Year Guarantee that transfers with the Property.
Richardson & Starling are long-standing members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and the Guarantee Protection Insurance scheme (GPI). This demonstrates our ability to meet technical and financial requirements to offer an insurance back-up to our own long term guarantees if you would like this.
Book a Property Survey
Fill the form below and our Inverness team will be in touch with you shortly.