Penetrating Damp Lanark
Have you noticed a damp musty smell in your property? This accompanied by damp patches and crumbling plaster on your walls may suggest that you are suffering from a penetrating damp problem. We can help you swiftly rectify this issue by resolving the structural defects within your property. Speak with our Lanark specialists today for advice regarding how to resolve your damp issue or to arrange a property survey.
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Award-Winning Contractor
- Experienced & Qualified, Lanark Surveyors & Technicians
What Causes Penetrating Damp?
Penetrating damp happens at roofs, windows, door surrounds and walls. Water gains access to your property due to issues within the structure of the property. Penetrating damp can occur on any tier of a building and affect any part of external walls.
Penetrating damp main causes:
- Problems with the building external fabric – damaged pointing, poorly fitted windows, overflowing gutters, etc
- Porous render to walls – as render ages, it can lose the ability to stop rain from penetrating into the property
- Brickwork or pointing being damaged can provide access for rainwater
- Masonry can become damaged from frost or old age
- The exterior of the property being weakened – e.g. damage to the roof
Penetrating damp problems are sometimes obvious for example at guttering height. This alludes to the source of the damp issue being from the downpipes and gutters of your property. Reaching out for expertise is the only way that you can guarantee your damp problem is accurately diagnosed. Contact our Lanark specialists today so we can accurately diagnose the damp issue your property is facing and tackle it head-on.
How To Identify Penetrating Damp
Penetrating Damp Signs:
- Damp patches appearing on walls or ceilings
- Wet and crumbling plaster
- Blotches on walls and damaged decoration
- Visible mould growing on the wall or ceiling surfaces
- Damp musty smells
- Signs of drips and puddles
- Damp plasterwork/wall insulation
Being a property owner, it is crucial that you familiarise yourself with the signs of penetrating damp. Our Penetrating Damp FAQ page will significantly increase your knowledge regarding the easier signs to spot penetrating damp. As soon as you become suspicious that you have a penetrating damp issue, contacting our Lanark branch will help you resolve these damp issues rapidly.
Penetrating Damp Treatment & Repairs
Our Lanark branch will seek to get to the source of your damp problem as swiftly as possible. Our specialists will then provide the quickest and most cost-efficient solution for your property.
How do our damp specialists carry out works:
- Evaluate the property in detail to correctly identify the type of damp you are suffering from.
- Identify the source of your damp issues (Point of access for the water)
- Provide you with an easily understandable survey report for you to fully comprehend the extent of the damp problem.
- Provide you with the best treatment solution
We will detail the repairs required to fix the cause of the damp in the first place. Our property specialists will then apply a physical damp proof membrane or water repellent to stop the damp getting into your property.
Misdiagnosis of the type of damp your property is suffering from can seriously impact the time taken to resolve your damp problem. Incorrect self-treatment being carried out to the issue can prolong and worsen the effects of the damp. This highlights the importance of contacting experts at the beginning of the process to ensure that no time is wasted and the damage to your property does not get worse.
Our qualified rot surveyor will closely investigate the affected area and measure the scale of the problem. At Richardson and Starling, we only supply experienced surveyors who are highly trained in all types of rot and damp problems that could affect your property. This means that our surveyor will be able to complete the survey and give the appropriate remedial recommendations no matter what problem is identified.
5 Year Guarantee
Free automatic transfer to the new property owner if sold.
After eight decades of successful property surveys and repairs, we’re confident to offer you a 5 Year Guarantee that transfers with the Property.
Richardson & Starling are long-standing members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and the Guarantee Protection Insurance scheme (GPI). This demonstrates our ability to meet technical and financial requirements to offer an insurance back-up to our own long term guarantees if you would like this.