Penetrating Damp Stirling
Have you spotted crumbling plaster on your walls? This accompanied by damp patches and a damp musty smell can indicate that you have a penetrating damp problem. Identifying your property defects causing this damp issue is how we can help you resolve your damp problem. Reach out to our Stirling branch today to arrange a property survey or to simply ask a question.
- Free Property Survey
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Experienced & Qualified, Stirling Surveyors & Technicians
What Causes Penetrating Damp?
Penetrating damp tends to happen in walls, windows, roofs or door surrounds. It usually occurs by water gaining entry to your property due to issues with the external envelope. This damp can become prevalent on any floor of a building and can affect any area on external walls.
Penetrating damp’s main causes:
- Porous walls – renders ability to stop rain penetration decreases with time
- Porous walls –bricks ability to stop rain penetrating them decreases with time
- Damaged brickwork can cause rain to gain access to your property
- Masonry suffering from frost damage
- Damage to the exterior of your property – e.g. damage to the roof
Penetrating damp problems often present themselves at guttering height. Identifying your damp problem at this height tends to mean that the problem is due to defective downpipes or gutters. Utilising experts is the only way that you can accurately diagnose the source of your problem. Selecting the most effective solution is only possible through accurately identifying the source of the problem.
How To Identify Penetrating Damp
Penetrating Damp Signs:
- Damp patches appearing on walls or ceilings
- Wet and crumbling plaster
- Blotches on walls and damaged decoration
- Visible mould growing on the wall or ceiling surfaces
- Damp musty smells
- Signs of drips and puddles
- Damp plasterwork/wall insulation
As a property owner, it is crucial that you familiarise yourself with the signs of penetrating damp. Our Penetrating Damp FAQ page will significantly increase your knowledge regarding the easier signs to spot penetrating damp. As soon as you become suspicious that you have a penetrating damp issue, contacting our Stirling branch will help you resolve the damp issues.
Penetrating Damp Treatment & Repairs
We will send out experts from Our Stirling branch to immediately get to the source of your damp problem. The quickest and most cost-efficient solution for your home will then be provided.
What our specialist will do:
- Inspect the property thoroughly to correctly identify the damp problem you are suffering from
- Find the source of your damp problem (Point of access for the water)
- Analyse before providing you with the most effective steps you need to take to rectify the problem.
- Provide you with an easily understandable survey report for you to fully comprehend the extent of your problem.
- Provide you with the best treatment solution
We will detail the repairs required to fix the damage which caused the damp in the first place. Our specialists will then apply a physical damp proof membrane or water repellent to protect your property fabric.
Without the relevant experience, it is unrealistic for someone to be capable of accurately diagnosing what type of damp problem it is they are suffering from. Seeking assistance from experts must be the first step taken after suspecting you have a damp issue. No home is safe from penetrating damp regardless of how long ago it was built. It is very easy for self-treatments to be unsuccessful as misdiagnosing the type of damp affecting your property can be very easily done.
Your property survey can be free of charge. Click the ‘i’ icon to learn more
5 Year Penetrating Damp Guarantee
Fully certified and highly experienced penetrating damp surveyors in Stirling
* No Charge if you Own the surveyed property located within 25 miles from our Stirling branch. An administration fee may apply if a written report is required (a charge may apply if the property is rented out or is situated further than 25 miles). Speak with our Stirling team who will be happy to help deal with your property problem.
Our qualified rot surveyor will closely investigate the affected area and measure the scale of the problem. At Richardson and Starling, we only supply experienced surveyors who are highly trained in all types of rot and damp problems that could affect your property. This means that our surveyor will be able to complete the survey and give the appropriate remedial recommendations no matter what problem is identified.
5 Year Guarantee for Penetrating Damp Repairs
Free automatic transfer to the new property owner if sold.
After eight decades of successful property surveys and repairs, we’re confident to offer you a 5 Year Guarantee that transfers with the Property.
Richardson & Starling are long-standing members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and the Guarantee Protection Insurance scheme (GPI). This demonstrates our ability to meet technical and financial requirements to offer an insurance back-up to our own long term guarantees if you would like this.
Book a Property Survey
Fill the form below and our Stirling team will be in touch with you shortly.