Woodworm Treatment in Glasgow
Have you noticed any weakened floorboards or small round holes on timber surfaces? If so, this could mean that your property is affected by an active woodworm infestation. Richardson & Starling specialise in woodworm treatment and our specialists can help you regain peace of mind. Reach out to our Glasgow branch today for free advice or a property survey.
- Free Property Survey
- 30 Year Guarantee
- Experienced & Qualified, Glasgow Surveyors & Technicians
What Causes Woodworm?
Main causes of woodworm:
- Damp timber attracting migrating beetles
- Use of infected timber during property construction
- Bringing infested furniture into the property
- Timber brought into a property containing woodworm eggs which will later hatch and spread
- Firewood brought into a property containing wood boring beetles
Woodworm can inadvertently be invited into your home through driftwood, firewood or even furniture. Furthermore, properties suffering from leaks or improper insulation are more likely to have decayed wood which will attract woodworm. As a result, people should strive to regularly check the timber in their property on a regular basis in order to quickly identify any woodworm problem before it spirals out of control. Woodworm can have devastating consequences on your property if the problem is not eradicated swiftly. Property owners must do everything they possibly can to prevent the emergence of woodworm in their property.
How To Identify Woodworm
Woodworm can be difficult to spot before the infestation has spread significantly. This is because the vast majority of woodworm damage will be done deep inside the timber which is out of the sight of property owners. However, there are some distinct signs which may suggest your property is suffering from wood booring beetles.
Signs of Woodworm:
- Small holes in timber where adult wood boring beetles have exited
- Visible ‘frass’ or bore dust around exiting holes
- Tunnels in the timber
- Weakened or damaged floorboards
- Live or dead beetles surrounding the potentially affected area
If you suspect your property may be suffering from some of these signs, contact our Glasgow office today where you can speak with one of our preservation specialists. Our specialist can provide free advice or arrange a survey to fully assess the extent of the damage. Alternatively, you can visit our Woodworm FAQ page to allow you to get a better understanding of the key signs of woodworm affecting your home.
Woodworm Treatment & Prevention
Woodworm have a three-year life cycle, and as a result, you may not become aware of your problem for several years. Wood boring beetle infestation can be resolved by applying a residual insecticide to the areas which are affected. This is a chemical product which should only be administered by professional woodworm treatment contractors. Self-treatment is very unlikely to work with woodworm infestations. Essential tools such as a borescope are used by our specialists. Tools like this allow our specialists to determine the scale of the problem in hard to access areas which people administering self-treatment would not be able to get to. This means that you will fail to eradicate your wood borer problem entirely, whereas Richardson & Starling’s specialists offer a 30-year transferable guarantee to ensure our work quality.
What our specialist will do:
- Extensively survey the area to locate the scale of the infestation, utilising technology such as the borescope
- Determine whether the infestation is still active or not
- Specify the most appropriate treatment solution
- Depending on the scale of the problem, our specialists will spray the affected area or remove infested timbers completely and replace them with new pretreated timbers.
The key to stopping woodworm from causing irreparable damage to your property is identifying them early. Once the damage from woodworm has become visible this means that the quality of the timber may have been seriously weakened affecting the structural foundations of your property. After our specialists have analysed your situation appropriately, they will then carry out the necessary treatment to solve your woodworm problem. Depending on the extent of your problem our specialists will either provide a chemical solution or will replace the infested timbers with healthy timber. If you’re feeling intimidated by this prospect don’t worry! Every situation is different and our specialist will select the most appropriate solution for your individual predicament.
Your property survey can be free of charge. Click the ‘i’ icon to learn more
30 Year Woodworm Treatment Guarantee
Fully certified and highly experienced surveyors near you
Surveying Your Property for Woodworm
* No Charge if you Own the surveyed property located within 25 miles from our Glasgow branch. An administration fee may apply if a written report is required (a charge may apply if the property is rented out or is situated further than 25 miles). Speak with our Glasgow team who will be happy to help deal with your property problem.
Our qualified rot surveyor will closely investigate the affected area and measure the scale of the problem. At Richardson and Starling, we only supply experienced surveyors who are highly trained in all types of property problems that could affect your property such as woodworm, rot or damp. This means that our surveyor will be able to complete the survey and give the appropriate remedial recommendations no matter what problem is identified.
30 Year Guarantee for Woodworm Treatment Works
Free automatic transfer to the new property owner if sold.
After eight decades of successful property surveys and repairs, we’re confident to offer you a 30 Year Guarantee that transfers with the Property.
Richardson & Starling are long-standing members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and the Guarantee Protection Insurance scheme (GPI). This demonstrates our ability to meet technical and financial requirements to offer an insurance back-up to our own long term guarantees if you would like this.
Book a Property Survey
Fill the form below and our Glasgow team will be in touch with you shortly.