Woodworm Treatment in Stirling
Timber surfaces with small round holes or weakened floorboards within your property suggests that you may have a woodworm infestation. Richardson & Starling’s woodworm treatments specialists in Stirling are able to make your woodworm concerns a thing of the past. Our Stirling branch are available to offer free advice or arrange a property survey.
- Free Property Survey
- 30 Year Guarantee
- Experienced & Qualified, Stirling Surveyors & Technicians
What Causes Woodworm?
Main causes of woodworm:
- Migrating beetles being attracted towards damp timber
- Infested furniture being brought into the property
- Infected timber being used during property construction
- Firewood brought into property containing woodworm or eggs which will later hatch and spread
Woodworm can easily be accidentally introduced into a property through furniture, driftwood or firewood. Inefficient insulation or leaks can cause decayed wood in properties which acts as a magnet for woodworm. People should seek to inspect the timber within their property on a regular basis to identify any potential woodworm issues as quickly as possible. Woodworm can cause immense damage to the structure of a property so property owners need to ensure they take as many steps as they can to attempt to block woodworm from infesting the timbers of their property.
How To Identify Woodworm
It is considered very difficult to identify woodworm in your property due to woodworm causing the majority of damage deep within the timber. This obviously makes it harder for people to be able to identify that they have a woodworm problem. These are some of the signs which property owners can look out for which indicate that your property may be suffering from woodworm.
Signs of Woodworm:
- Small holes in timber where adult woodworm beetles have exited
- Visible ‘frass’ or bore dust around exiting holes
- Weakened or damaged floorboards
- Tunnels in the timber
- Live or dead beetles surrounding the potentially affected area
If you suspect your property may be suffering from some of these signs, contact our Stirling office today where you can speak with one of our preservation specialists. Our specialist can provide free advice or arrange a survey to fully assess the extent of the damage. Alternatively, you can visit our Woodworm FAQ page to allow you to get a better understanding of the key signs of woodworm affecting your home.
Woodworm Treatment & Prevention in Stirling
Property owners may not become aware of their property suffering from woodworm as woodworm have a three-year life cycle. A residual insecticide being applied to the affected areas will resolve your woodworm problem. Woodworm treatment specialists must be the people who apply the insecticide. Woodworm is unlikely to be eradicated through self-treatment. Essential tools such as a borescope are used by our specialists. Tools like this allow our specialists to determine the scale of the problem in hard to access areas which people administering self-treatment would not be able to get to. This means that you will fail to eradicate your woodworm problem entirely, whereas Richardson & Starling’s specialists offer a 30-year transferable guarantee.
What our specialist will do:
- Survey the affected area in detail to determine the scale of the infestation
- Utilise technology such as the borescope to gain access to otherwise restricted areas
- Identify whether the infestation is still active or not
- Specify the most suitable treatment solution
- If required, our specialists can remove the infested timbers and replace them with healthy timber
Woodworm can cause serious damage to your property if they are not stopped in their tracks early. Once the damage from woodworm has become visible this means that the quality of the timber may have been seriously weakened affecting the structural foundations of your property. After our specialists have analysed your situation appropriately, they will then carry out the necessary treatment to solve your woodworm problem. Depending on the extent of your problem our specialists will either provide a chemical solution or will replace the infested timbers with healthy timber. If you’re feeling intimidated by this prospect don’t worry! Every situation is different and our specialist will select the most appropriate solution for your individual predicament.
Your property survey can be free of charge. Click the ‘i’ icon to learn more
30 Year Woodworm Treatment Guarantee
Fully certified and highly experienced woodworm treatment specialists based in Stirling
* No Charge if you Own the surveyed property located within 25 miles from our Stirling branch. An administration fee may apply if a written report is required (a charge may apply if the property is rented out or is situated further than 25 miles). Speak with our Stirling team who will be happy to help deal with your property problem.
Our Stirling based woodworm treatment specialist will closely investigate the affected area and measure the scale of the problem. At Richardson and Starling, we only supply experienced surveyors who are highly trained in all types of property problems that could affect your property such as woodworm, rot or damp. This means that our surveyor will be able to complete the survey and give the appropriate remedial recommendations no matter what problem is identified.
30 Year Guarantee for Woodworm Eradication Works
Free automatic transfer to the new property owner if sold.
After eight decades of successful property surveys and repairs, we’re confident to offer you a 30 Year Guarantee that transfers with the Property.
Richardson & Starling are long-standing members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and the Guarantee Protection Insurance scheme (GPI). This demonstrates our ability to meet technical and financial requirements to offer an insurance back-up to our own long term guarantees if you would like this.
Book a Property Survey
Fill the form below and our Stirling team will be in touch with you shortly.